March 13, 2011

Crafts galore!

Well, this week in our wonderful life...there isn't much exciting going on. Still wonderful, just not exciting. :) I've been busy crafting up a storm for different things. Some projects I have people buying, other projects I am making for fun, and still more projects that I've been doing for the facebook "craft it forward" thing...

As for Tadd and I...work, work, work. That's been about the extent of our week. But i did want to share pictures of the latest projects!

**And a bit of back story...as I mentioned in the previous post, I got a kindle for my birthday. I never took it anywhere but home because I didn't have a case for it. After spending at least an hour searching online for a kindle cover...The only ones I could find were $35 or more! Ridiculous! And I didn't even love the color options they had to choose from. So...I decided to put some scraps of mine to use, and this is what I came up with...**

Outside of the cover
The inside of the cover...velcro closure
See, it fits just right! :)

I had the black canvas from a messenger style piano bag I made Tadd's niece Isabel for her birthday. (Pictures of that to come in a later post) The blue inside is actually an old t-shirt, and the edging I had some bias tape in my stash...so it was completely FREE for me to make!!

Anywho, I posted pictures on facebook of my kindle cover...and a friend from high school sent me a message. She had the same problem! The covers were expensive, and she didn't want the colors...If I would make her one, she would pay for it! SWEET!! I love earning extra play money. So...the first draft of hers looked like this:


 


Liked the colors...but I hated the edging I used. It was so bumpy. The bias tape I used on mine made such a cleaner edge. This was an attempt to use the hem of an old t-shirt (so it would match the inside perfectly)...the more I looked at it, the more I didn't like the quality of it. And she was paying me...so I felt like I had to try again! So...



I redid the edging with pink bias tape. It doesn't match perfectly to the inside color...but it's all pink, and looks much nicer than the first draft.


Not only was I busy making kindle covers this week...I had a friend (also from high school, and also on facebook) ask if I could make her a beanie and she would buy it. So, I put my crochet smarts to use making this:




AND...although I didn't make the following beanie this week...I did FINALLY get it in the mail to my sister...only 3 months after Christmas! :)
Penguin Beanie

And sorry for the blurry picture quality...I somehow managed to only get a picture of it with my phone. The day I finished it, Tadd came home from work and was so excited it was Steelers colors, he tried it on. And yep, being the wonderful wife I am, documented the evidence for all to see:


That's his "viking" face...

So, that's been the happenings in our life this week...just busy busy busy! More projects on the list for this week. A couple of baby blankets, a custom order quillow, a purse...who knows what I will actually get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment