December 2, 2012

Apologies?!

I would apologize for the lack of blog posts lately...but let's be completely honest - I'm really not all that sorry!

We have twins folks...TWINS!!! And they are now home. In fact, they've been home five weeks today. Somehow it seems like longer, but I suppose when your days are broken into intervals of 2-3 hours, days seem like weeks!

Yet at the same time it is unbelievable that these little boys are here already and were two months old on Thanksgiving Day. They were barely supposed to be here by then. In fact, on an ironic note, on my due date instead of having babies, I was having my 8 week postpartum appointment and deciding on how we were going to prevent having any more babies in the near future!

When I really sit down and think about it all, I'm still in that shocked phase. That phase where I can't believe this is all really happening. 

We really did have TWINS.


                      Two babies...


...TWO little boys.


                  And they really are HERE... 


                                           ...And they really are OURS...       


...And we really are PARENTS...


HOLY CRAP!

And then I hear a baby crying and I am snapped right out of it and into "mommy mode". That mode where nothing else matters but taking care of those perfect little boys. 

Forget about sleep. Forget about food. Forget about cleaning the house. And showering daily is a thing of the past! All that matters is making sure those nuggets have what they need. 

We will sleep again someday. I wanted to lose weight anyway, right?! Who cares about a messy house? And at least I still brush my teeth and put deodorant on, right?! 
(Well, most days at least!)

So yes, in case you all were wondering, us Ormond's are still alive. We are just unimaginably busy. But I promise updates and the full story of the past two months pronto.

Oh, and lots and LOTS of pictures!  
(Cause we know that's the real reason you all come here!)

And to hold you over until the next post, a glimpse of what life has become at our house...

 

And it's perfection!

1 comment:

  1. They are so perfect. I am glad you guys are home. The NICU is rough and you guys had so much more than we did. It gets even better if you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete