April 30, 2012

The Nuggets - Part II

Pregnancy is a very strange thing. Those of you who have been there know, and I don't have to tell you. For those of you haven't been there...it is weird! The body is amazing. That is for sure! But it is incredible how much impact something the size of a poppy seed can make on a person. 

Honestly, I have SO much to be grateful for in this pregnancy. I have had zero morning sickness! Not so much as a tummy rumble. 

I do get queasy a little more easily these days. Things that have never bothered me before now make me cringe just a little - like brushing my teeth, or watching gory TV shows - but other than that no actual "sickness".

 I am a bit more picky about food - not because of cravings, but just because if it doesn't actually sound good or is something I want to eat, chewing it just sorta makes me gag!

Most of all I am TIRED a lot
Like a really lot. And I have started waking up a lot throughout the night. 
I've been told that's just my body getting used to no sleep and having to wake up in the middle of the night - see, pregnancy is strange! Amazing, but still...a little strange.

But enough about my strangeness! On to the good stuff. Telling the world about our happy news!

If any of you know me at all, you know I am terrible with secrets! I literally get sick around Birthdays and Christmas because I hate them. I am getting better, it is true...but mostly, I'm just still terrible with secrets.

How I was going to keep this a secret for at least a month until our doctor's appointment was beyond me! I wanted to tell everyone - shout it from the rooftops - talk about it to anyone and everyone who would listen. 

BUT, miscarriages run in my family - majorly! So we decided we would only tell those people we would tell if we miscarried. So of course, being terrible with secrets, I called my sister and my parents almost immediately! 

Tadd on the other hand, is great with secrets - and he really wanted to be able to tell his parents in person. (Sorry Mom and Dad Dutton, I just couldn't keep it in long enough!) 

Mom and Dad Ormond invited us to a Jazz game conference weekend - the perfect time to tell them! So, we got our thinking caps on and tried to come up with some fun way of giving them the news. 

This is what we came up with.

In case you can't read the text on the picture, this is what it says:
Photo Paper - $1, Envelope - $.05, Gas to Deliver - $10. 
The looks on your faces when you realize there are three of us in this picture...PRICELESS!! 
Arriving November 2012

Tadd printed the picture off at work put it in an envelope, and on to Salt Lake we went. We got there a little later than planned due to traffic, so we met up with Mom and Dad O and hurried off to the game. The picture was burning a hole in my pocket...I couldn't wait the whole game to give it to them. I'd already waited a couple of weeks to tell! So we decided at half time, we would pass the picture along. 

Luckily, we were at the game, and having my camera out was no big signal something was up. So we got their reaction on video!


Priceless indeed! Unfortunately my camera cut off right as the real reactions hit. There was screaming and hugs, tears and more hugs. I'm sure people all around us thought we were nuts, but who cares! We're having a baby!!!

As the weeks have gone by, we have filled in most of the immediate families. Still, we didn't want to tell everyone since there was still a risk of miscarrying. And to be honest, there still is a risk, which terrifies me! But, we just keep praying and doing everything we possibly can to make sure things go smoothly.

And p.s. See how I am doing so good at actually updating the blog with details?? Don't worry, much more info to come! We still have the REALLY big news to get to.

1 comment:

  1. Correction : 4 of you in the picture :] SO happy for you two! Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete