February 25, 2013

Fairy Tales

Some days just aren't good ones. Today has been one of those at our house. I hate being a grown up. I liked when I lived in my own fairy tale of a perfect world, with a perfect family, perfect people, and perfect happiness. 

The days I realize I live in reality are sometimes hard to handle. 

And then, I start thinking of all that I have to be grateful for. 

My life may not be a perfect fairy tale, with a less than perfect family, people who disappoint me, and imperfect happiness...
But there is happiness at least.

I'm discovering that not everyone is lucky enough to know what that is like. Or at least some people are not  able to appreciate things enough to know what happiness is like.

SO, I have resolved to NOT be one of those people! I refuse. My life is filled with too many wonderful and amazing things to let the few that might not be so great bring me down. 

1. I have an amazing husband.  
(It's no secret, he's practically a saint to put up with me)

2. I have two wonderful, adorable healthy baby boys.

3. I have incredible friends.

 4. I have a testimony of the gospel.

5. I have wonderful parents.

Which brings me to the REAL reason I started a new post today...

Remember when we talked about the AMAZINGness of my dad? Well, I began to fill you in HERE on the cribs he was planning on making for the boys. 

And a little bit of backtracking...You know, since I'm a slacker and haven't updated the blog much. You now get marathon posts, with extra back story and rambling from me! :)

When my parents came for Thanksgiving, Grandpa had the truck loaded down with furniture. We couldn't wait one more second, so we hurried and moved out those pack n plays and made some space and Grandpa and Nona went to work.






And the finished product?! OH so fantastic. No real words to describe how much we love them. They are gorgeous. 

 




And on a side note...Before we got the cribs, anytime we put the boys in the flat part of the pack-n-plays, they didn't sleep. They'd wake up spitting up like crazy or would just fuss until we put them back into the little napper part. Our guess was it was because the pack-n-play was so flat, whereas the nappers were inclined a little. So we were a little nervous to put them in the cribs.  

This picture was the first time they slept in the cribs...

and they slept, well...like a log. 

(Not like a baby, because whoever came up with that expression clearly never had children. Babies don't SLEEP!)

They have slept in them ever since, without a problem.



Okay, SO, back to the real story...(blogpost on cribs, CHECK.)

When I put the bumper pads on the cribs, I decided I didn't want to put them down the middle. Not only did it mean we used one set of bumper pads instead of two (and saved some $$$), but I didn't want to defeat the purpose of having the cribs share a middle rail. I wanted them to still be able to see each other, even if at the time they didn't really care. 

And today, I realized...Best decision ever. 

Otherwise, when I hear babbling over the baby monitor and go to check things out,  I would never come in to see this.


Looking for his brother...



 ...Just talking like crazy to each other back and forth.
 



More than once in the past couple of days I've gone in and found they have both migrated from the center of each crib where I laid them down to the middle where the cribs meet.


And this picture just makes me melt...


Today more than any other, they seem to want to be close to each other, something I'm sure is no coincidence. A tender mercy to make my heart melt and make other things a little less overwhelming.

 I had Everett in the exersaucer today and he was playing just fine. Then all the sudden, screaming! I looked over and he was peaking over the edge at Beckett lying on the floor on the playmat. So I picked Beckett up and held him to the edge of the exersaucer, and Everett was just fine. He just needed some brother lovin. They played like that for quite a while.
 
And then, when I laid them both on the playmat together... 
 
 

The little cuties shared toys.  

They love each other.

The fact they love each other melts my heart completely into a big giant puddle. They are just what I needed to make my day better. Because it has been a little bit of a rough one.

1 comment:

  1. Note to Randy: Please make your own furniture shop. I will be your best customer!
    I freaking love those sweet boys! LOVE YOU ORMOND FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete