October 16, 2013

Birthday Bash

Okay, so I know I said I was most likely not going to get you all caught up on our happenings from the past six months...and for the most part that will be very true I'm sure! BUT, I would feel like a horrendously bad mom if I didn't at least do a birthday post for these munchkins!

SO, without further ado...You're all invited to a birthday bash!!



Except, not really because it was already almost a month ago. Sorry about that. You got to see the awesome invites Tadd made though!

Uhm, for those of you who know me, you'll know just how much I stressed out about this party. And mostly I stressed out about it because I didn't want to stress out about it! Ha. Make sense? Nope, I know it doesn't, welcome to my brain.

I knew we should throw an enormous bash, I mean, they are TWINS after all. And we ALL survived the first year - DEFINITELY something to celebrate.

But I also knew that they were ONE, and would have absolutely no recollection of the happenings. So it seemed a little silly to go completely crazy. And do you plan games for this thing? Or have a theme? Who decides these things?! Oh wait, we're the parents now, WE are supposed to decide...Meltdown #1.

Another thing for us to figure out was the WHEN of the party. September was a crazy month for us. We moved to a new place, I worked, it was just crazy. And then people couldn't make it on the day we had planned for, so do we change it? Do we keep it the same? BAH!...Meltdown #2.

The date was set. My wonderful hubby came up with a great idea for a party - lunch at an all you can eat pizza place here in Logan. I didn't have to cook or clean for anyone, and it didn't matter if my house was unpacked from moving the week before. DEAL.

Next on the list of decisions...a cake. Where do you order from? And then the realization, what if these nuggets have allergies like their momma? Do I really want to find that out at their birthday party? No. Definitely not. SO, guess I will make their cakes! Eggless cakes. Oh wait, what kind of cake? How do I decorate it? Crap! We didn't make a theme for the party, so how am I supposed to decide on a cake?!...Meltdown #3.

Oh, and let's not forget what will the boys wear to their party?! A thought that hadn't really even crossed my mind until oh, you know two days before. And then it just hit me, it's their special day! They should have a special shirt or something, right?!

Word to the wise...as much as I love Pinterest...whatever you do, do NOT jump on two days before your child's birthday party to get a last minute idea...I immediately felt like a failure as a mom. I hadn't planned the boys perfect outfits and made them cute onesies that said something catchy about being the birthday boy. I had no idea what to do for a cake, and let's not even begin about decorations or festivities. Meltdowns # 4-6.

And then the day of the party was here! We decided to make a whole day of it - we deserved to celebrate just as much as the boys! So a guys golfing trip in the morning, boys' party for lunch, and a girls shopping trip after! 

We got to the restaurant and don't worry folks...they lost our reservation. Kind of a big deal when you're expecting about 25-30 people. But, ultimately it was okay that we had to wait, because the guys did not get done golfing until 2:00! Yep, Tadd was over an hour late for his own sons' birthday party...and SURPRISE, no meltdown! Ha. I wasn't even all that mad. Mostly just starving.

Once everyone got there and we got into the actual restaurant, the day was PERFECT. We have the greatest family and friends!! Hands down the best. We are completely blessed to have such amazing people in our lives that support us and love our boys.

So, on to the good stuff...the real reason you folks come to read our blog...the PICTURES!!!

These two got SPOILED! As my brother put it, they got more for their birthday than most kids get for Christmas! :) 




They loved opening their presents! 




Or at least we thought they did...Check out Everett's stink eye. HA!



We bought the boys this crazy toy thingamagig - and they LOVED it! WIN!!!




And all that worrying for nothing. The cakes turned out pretty AWESOME! (if I do say so myself!)































It was a cake smashing good time! But with more frosting mushing and not so much cake smashing...


























All in all, a birthday bash SUCCESS!! No meltdowns necessary. Ha! Then again, such is my life. I'm great at stressing over the crazy stuff! Lucky for you guys, it makes for good stories. So stay tuned!




2 comments:

  1. Can we have a "coming home" party for when they came home from the hospital cause I missed the big 1 year old birthday party~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete