February 9, 2015

Shopping for Unders

Why do I have to make things at least thirteen times harder than they need to be? I just get all wrapped up inside my own head, and something simple becomes a major life decision.

Today's example: buying toddler underwear.

Now, yes, it is a big milestone moment. We are beginning the potty training process at our house. So far, nothing extremely formal - but the process has definitely begun! 

Yet, when I decided today that we needed to buy unders for the nuggets, it was an all day process!

We stopped at Target on Saturday, and I just should have bought them. However, I wanted the boys to be involved and pick their own. It would make them more likely to wear them and get excited about it, right?! Not at 10 o'clock at night. They didn't care. Not even a little. And then when I finally did get them interested, all Everett wanted was Ariel panties. 

So Tadd proclaimed Everett must not be ready! Ha. 

And then last night, E peed in the potty!!! Wahoo!

And this morning, he pooped in the potty! BIG wahoo!!!

And this afternoon, he peed in the potty again!!! Oh goodness. 

Every time I put him up there today, he went in some form or another. Apparently he is a little more ready than either Tadd or I cared to admit. 

Beckett - he just wants to flush. The end. His interest stops there.

Still, knowing Everett was even a little bit interested, I figured we might as well get some unders ready and start getting at least a little more serious about it.  And so the journey began. 

I grabbed my trusty laptop and started searching. Target. Amazon. Walmart. K-Mart. Shopkpo. I looked everywhere I could think of.

Bottom line - the dumb things are just expensive. End of story. It doesn't matter where you buy them. They are just pricey little things! 

Still, I searched on. Trying to figure out which characters would be the best and would keep their interest/motivate them the longest. I called Tadd at work. I sent him some messages. I debated internally for a great while. 

Cars? Planes? Monsters Inc.? Frozen? 
(Yes, they make Frozen underwear for boys!!) 
Despicable Me?  Toy Story? Thomas the Train?


Far too many choices. All of their favorites. 

Even after I decided on which characters, I still had more to think about. 

Do I haul the boys into the store and have them pick some? Will it really matter that much?! Or do I just save Mommy some sanity and order online? Then I have to worry about paying shipping if I order from Walmart or Target. And I have to wait for them to get here. If I do decide to take the boys to the store, what if they don't have a good selection?! 

Ugh. I should have just bought the dumb things at Target.

Curse Logan for not having a Target!!

Ultimately, none of it even matters a little. I know that. They are going to wear the dumb things. And have accidents in them. And fight over who gets which pair of Planes underwear. Or be upset that I didn't buy the Power Rangers kind when they see them in the store, even though they have no concept of who the Power Rangers are. Our nuggets are two. Almost 2 1/2. Their opinion will change by the second. Potty training will be awful regardless. 

Potty training is coming! 

Well, really it's kind of here, I'm just in denial a little.

So wish us luck. Pray that I can keep my crazy thoughts somewhat in check.

And shed a few tears with me that my tiny boys...

October 2012















Have somehow gotten this big already!

December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment