September 15, 2010

Oh so many details!!

Okay, so this is sort of a marathon post! We have been planning constantly for almost two weeks now! And man have we made some extensive progress! Dress is bought, final alterations getting done this Friday (all I really needed done was the bustle). Tadd's tux was ordered this week, we bought shirts and ties for the boys, picked out my wedding band, Tadd's ring got here, we made bracelets for the bridesmaids, made my bracelet, invitations were printed yesterday and are in the process of being sent out, location officially set and reserved, flowers ordered, dinners planned, reception details decided...its been a pretty productive couple weeks!

Now for the details on all these things!

#1 Dress
Of course I'm not posting the pictures of my ACTUAL dress. That's cheating! I will, for your entertainment, however, post the pictures of all the dresses I DIDN'T choose! :) Some are just plain awful! But I will post them in the next post.

#2 Tadd's Tux
That I can give details on! I've seen it, and its not a secret. Black tux, very classic look, two buttons, deep lapels with a satin edging. Soft white tuxedo style shirt with the kind of collar that isn't really a collar, it just folds down at the front...you know what I mean? Hope so :) Yellow vest with darker goldish/yellow diamond print on it and a striped tie that matches. The boys shirts we bought match the yellow perfectly, and the ties are the same color as the darker gold colored diamonds on Tadd's vest.

#3 Wedding Band
It's perfect! Perfect ring, perfect wedding band...my life is pretty dang perfect! :) Its a chevron band which means it kind of comes into a 'V' at the front. It's a thin silver colored band, no diamonds or anything, just solid silver (or white gold I guess). It frames the pearl of my ring perfect! The look on Tadd's face when we tried it out was priceless. Pretty sure he was speechless :) (that's a good thing, right?)

#4 Bracelets for Bridesmaids
The bracelets for the bridesmaids are quite adorable! My friend (soon to be sister-in-law) Holly helped me make them. She's a jewelry genius! Seriously! Wait till you see MY bracelet she made. It was AMAZING! But anywho, the bridesmaids bracelets....they have all the colors from the wedding and are kind of chunky. Yellow glass beads, olive-y green crystal type beads, and wood beads, all mixed with pearls (of course). They are super cute!

#5 MY Bracelet
Holly is a genius like I said! We went to Hobby Lobby and found a bunch of fun beads, and although I liked them all, I could never have imagined something like this that she created. It has 3 different kinds of pearls. Some called "dental pearls" that sorta look like teeth, some small round pink pearls, and some bigger regular pearls. She mixed in some crystal beads and silver as well. The bracelet is three different strands, all hooked to the same clasp, then twisted together. Seriously AMAZING! Pictures just don't do it justice!

#6 Invitations
Tadd designed our invitations! (He's a graphic designer, DUH!) And he did an awesome job. I love them, and so does he. Getting them printed was a little dramatic for me, because there were issues and Tadd was working. I tried to figure out how to change it, but more things just kept getting messed up...by lunchtime I was ready to cry. So of course he saved the day! Fixed the file on his computer at work (a big no no) then on his afternoon break hurried to meet me at the store and get a proof done so we could get them going. They turned out perfect! They will be in the mail by the end of the week, I swear! :)

#7 Location OFFICIALLY Set
Tadd's family found us the most amazing location for the wedding! More than either of us could ever have dreamed of! It's called "The Morey Reception Center". It used to be a restaurant, so inside is really open and they have a kitchen so we don't have to worry about food preparations elsewhere. But the best part is it is RIGHT on the river, so we can have the wedding outside on the back patio and the view is AMAZING! Tadd's mom showed us pictures when she was here on Sunday for the marathon wedding planning session, and it was AWESOME!! I am SO excited!

#8 Flowers ordered (mostly) lol
We decided on silk flowers for my bouquet so we can keep it. The rest of the flowers for bridesmaids, centerpieces, etc. we wanted live flowers. Some sunflowers and gerbera daisies. Tadd's mom got all of them ordered yesterday. I have yet to go order my bouquet (it's been a busy week okay??) :)

#9 Dinner Plans/Reception
Our original plan was a very informal reception with tons of great food and lots of games. Like a big family party! Unfortunately, when you send out 200 invitations out, the logistics of that get a little messy. So instead, close family and friends are invited Friday night to basically the reception I wanted! :) lol The food we wanted, the games, and all that stuff! Just smaller scale. Then Saturday after the wedding we only have to worry about the reception...the real live reception! :)

So that is the catching up! I promise pictures to come ASAP! They are all taken, just haven't had a chance to upload them.

1 comment:

  1. YAYAY RESA!!! I'm so so soooo excited for youuuuu!!!!!!!!! HORRRAAAAYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete