September 8, 2010

We're ENGAGED!!!

Apparently this wasn't much of a surprise to anyone! The only big surprises were

#1 - We didn't just elope
#2 - We set the date for October 9th! (That meant only 34 days to plan a wedding, now 31!!!)

So, the story....Because we've already been asked about it a million times! :)

It happened on Friday (Sept. 3). We actually had decided the night before that we were going to "elope". Not really elope but get married just the two of us, no big fuss and no big stress. Then we'd have the big ta-do when we get sealed in a year. We even had a date picked - October 15th! We were both SO excited. Friday I was so excited I couldn't hold it in. I told everyone I talked to that day.

After being asked a million times, "What are you going to wear?" I had pretty much decided, even if it was just him and I, I wanted a princess dress....And it all went downhill from there! :) The thought of a dress turned into, well why get a dress if my family isn't even going to see it? and I might feel a little silly planning a whole big wedding after I've been married for a whole year! So, I slunk home from girls night (no the girls' night didn't help my girly fantasies) to fill Tadd in on the fact I'd been a big fat liar and that I was a good for nothing GIRL!

I dreaded the conversation the whole drive over there. I got there and I told him flat out that I'm a stupid girl and I'm sorry! He of course laughed and just asked what was up. I spilled my guts...I wanted a wedding, I wanted friends and family there...Of course he was understanding and said he was glad I told him now.

We talked about it a little bit, and of course, me being the big jerk I am, the last thing I tell him is, "And I don't really want to do 'rings for now' I only want to do rings once, and don't want to settle just so we can get married sooner. There's got to be a way to figure it out." (yes, I know I'm a jerk, like I said) He looked like I had gut punched him. Seriously! Big suckerpunch right to the gut! He recovered well with, "Well....We will figure something out. Do you want to go for a walk? Clear our heads a little?" I of course agreed. He went upstairs to grab his shoes and I immediately turned around backwards and buried my head in the couch.

I heard him come downstairs, and he came up behind me and laughed. I told him again that I was the world's biggest jerk and he insisted I wasn't. I reached around and gave me a hug from behind. I looked down and there it was, a white ring box! He opened it and said, "I know this isn't the ring you wanted. But consider it a promise ring. A promise that I will always love you and that all I care about in all of this is that it is YOU I am marrying. So, Resa, will you marry me?"

Emotional does not describe it. I felt like bawling but no tears came! I wheeled around and gave him a giant hug and said, "YES YES YES!!!" With the most ridiculous grin plastered across my face. And yes, I felt like the biggest TOOL! Such a butthead. The ring is beautiful. No it's not some fancy diamond engagement ring, but the more I see it on my hand the more I absolutely LOVE it and know it is PERFECT!

SOOO...Here's a picture of us right after (and yes, it is like almost midnight, and I've been crying since I'm a jerk...and yep, I look like CRAP!!)

We're ENGAGED!!! HOORAY!!



I really look awful, but I'm dang excited!! Here's some pictures of the ring.

So now we are in full on wedding planning mode!! We're down to 31 days people!! Stay tuned for updates on the wedding. I keep forgetting who I told what so I figure this way people can just check it out for themselves! Then I don't have to worry about repeating myself 90 times, but of course, feel free to ask me! I'm getting MARRIED! Of COURSE I love to talk about it!! :)

1 comment:

  1. RESA! THIS IS THE CUTEST Engagement EVERRR!!! I am so so so happy for you and Tadd!!! HOORAAAYYYYY!!!! I can't wait to see you in your dress! And um that ring is BEAUTIFUL! I'm in love with it! Tell Tadd if he wants, he can get Resa's friend a ring too ;) hahah JK LOVE YOU!
    -BRIT

    ReplyDelete