June 20, 2012

Countdown!

Yep, the countdown is on! One more week until our big awaited day...THE ultrasound! The one where we find out if the babies in THIS belly:


Week 16


Are BOYS, GIRLS or one of EACH?! Wahoo!

Everyone has been asking me if I have any feelings on what these nuggets might be. The answer - Nope! Do boys and/or girls feel different?! It depends on the day what I think they must be - as well as the situation. If I'm shopping and looking for nursery things, BOYS. Definitely boys. Because that's all I like as far as nursery ideas go. I would love love LOVE to do a baseball nursery. I have found so many cute baseball things - especially at Hobby Lobby. They are all vintage looking, and just oh so cute!

Or monsters! I would love to do monsters! So many cute fabrics or patterns with monsters on them. My brain overflows of ideas we could do if we decorated with monsters for little boys. And calling little boys monsters is just, well...adorable! 
My little monsters. 
(Insert *sigh* and *swoon* here!)

Then again, I see little girls come into the store at work and think, awwwww - I do need one of those! ONE being the key point of that phrase. Let's be honest, two girls would be the end of all sanity. Drama drama drama! I have nieces, I know. It isn't even something you can blame on the parents. My sister is not a drama person. In fact, she is the least dramatic person I know. Yet her daughter is the girliest girl and the biggest drama queen I think I have ever met - and she is six!

If ever I thought I didn't want girls, that thought ended when I went to Colorado this past weekend. I surprised my dad for Father's day by being there when they showed up to my sister's house for my niece's ballet recital. (And what a great surprise it was! More on that later.) But if you ever have any doubt about wanting or needing a little girl, go watch a ballet/tap recital where little girls are involved. It is enough to make anyone swoon and think, awwwww!! (Especially those little 3 year olds!)

And if that wasn't enough, add in a daddy-daughter dance! I cried through the whole thing. It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. The daddy's so proud and so doting on their baby girls, and the girls so proud and completely in love with their daddy's. 

The second it was over, my sister leaned to me and said  (with tear filled eyes of course) 
"Tadd needs a little girl!" 

All I could reply was (with even more tear filled eyes) 
"I know!!!!" 

Because that's what I thought of through the entire dance. 

So, like I said, it is totally dependent on the situation what I think we must be having. In reality, as long as the nuggets are healthy, we will take whatever we get. We will be completely in love with every little detail of their little selves. More so than we already are. One more week, and we will *hopefully* know, and can start planning that nursery, and getting to the projects I've been dying to do! Come ooon nuggets....cooperate and give us a peak at what you are! Here's hoping.

In the meantime, we will just sit back patiently (or not so patiently) and wait...and keep growing a large round belly like this!

Week 17

1 comment:

  1. OH EM GEE! You are SERIOUSLY the cutest pregnant lady...EVER! I miss you! I'm so excited for you and Tadd! :] LOVE YOUUU

    ReplyDelete