June 11, 2012

Daddy to Be

With Father's Day coming up this next weekend, I've been thinking a lot about my hubby...and how he will be as a daddy. All I can say...he will be incredible! I love to watch him with kids. Whether it is our nieces and nephews, friends' toddlers, or just watching the look on his face when he sees a cute kiddo with mom or dad at the grocery store...he is great! 

That being said...because I'm a worrier and have been in a bit of panic off and on lately, I worried about how he would be with our own kids. You know - when they are ours all the time, and you can't just hand them off to someone because they are crying, mad, in trouble, or smelly. I wondered about how he would handle that. Self admittedly, babies scare the CRAP right out of Tadd. Especially newborn babies. 

It's almost painful to watch him try and hold them. He looks completely terrified, its awkward...and well, I just don't get why it is so hard. (He would like me to pipe in for him that babies are scary, and they are fragile. He doesn't want to break them!) Maybe that is because I grew up around babies. I have a younger sister, my mom did daycare, I babysat, I have nieces and nephews, my cousins have babies...It's just never been a big deal. (Tadd assures me it is because I am a girl.) 

Anyway, there for a while I was a little nervous. Especially after finding out there were TWINS! That means like it or not, he's helping...LOTS!!! We've had plenty of conversations about this, and he tells me constantly, "When they're our kids it will be different!" (And I hear that's true...I just hope and pray it will be for him too!)  

Of course, Mr. Wonderful is more than willing to chip in wherever he can. He's just great like that. If his actions during this pregnancy are any indication of how he will be when the babies get here...there is nothing to worry about! Such a doting daddy-to-be. He makes sure I take my prenatal vitamins, cleans the kitchen, does the dishes, goes to Taco Bell at midnight when that is the only thing I will eat for dinner (And it has taken me 2 hours of being cranky to figure that out), rubs stretch mark cream on my belly when it itches, tells me how adorable he thinks my enormous belly is...The list could go on and on.

And in case you wondered, he will enjoy every minute of being a daddy. This video shows it perfectly! Our friends the Ribao's little girl completely adores her "Uncle Tadd"...And yes, he eats up every second of it.




As much as I worried about it before, I look at him now and just sigh to myself. I'm a lucky girl. Sure it will take some adjusting, I'm not expecting that when they come he will magically get over his fear of newborns. Luckily, he is already so in love with these lil nuggets I'm sure that will take some of the edge off. Our nuggets are going to be so extremely blessed to have such an amazing daddy who already loves them so much and is already willing to do anything for them.

So happy early father's day babe. The three of us love you like crazy!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! He will be great, Jeff was nervous at first , but like you said once he was born it came pretty naturally.

    You guys will be the cutest parents. I am excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely....it is like magic. Once you see them, hold them, it all comes to you in one big rush of love. Don had never been around any kids in that capacity and he just picked them up, gave them a bath, then bottle and it was like Heaven had made them just for him. You guys will be fantastic. It was soooo nice to see you yesterday. I was so surprised did you notice I forgot your name. LOL! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Angela...and I can't post things without choosing anonymous...what gives?

    ReplyDelete