May 9, 2012

Ahhhhh...Pregnancy!


Some more random pregnancy tidbits for ya'll...

I haven't been sick, like I said. And so far I can't really even say I've had cravings...at least if that's what I am having it's not like what I expected. As I said in the last post, I have become a little bit of a picky eater - and this is definitely new for me. Before, if something didn't sound good, I ate it anyway for the most part. Now, if it doesn't sound good - good luck getting me to look at it let a lone eat it (just ask Tadd!)

More than anything there are just certain foods that sound good. I have kind of taken it as that's what my body needs at the time, because it hasn't been anything strange like pickles and ice cream or what not that you hear about. It's been things like hamburgers cooked on the grill at home or mashed potatoes and gravy. Those have both hit on my way home from work some nights, and when I get home and am exhausted, my awesome, fantastic, AMAZING hubby sure does oblige. There has been more than one occasion that it is 11 o'clock and I am starving for mashed potatoes and he gets up and makes them while I snuggle on the couch. :) (See, awesome, fantastic AND amazing!)

Other things I've eaten a lot of are:
Fruit 
(mostly strawberries and pineapple - cause that's what 
Macey's - our local grocery store - has precut and
 ready to eat so I don't have to do anything but consume!)

Veggies and Dip

Chicken Noodle Soup 
(Not even the yummy chunky kind, just good ole' Campbell's Chicken and Noodle!)

Macaroni Salad
(In the beginning this is ALL I wanted to eat! 
Now the thought of the texture makes me cringe a little.)

Smoothies
(McDonald's Wild Berry ones have become a staple in my life!
This is often my breakfast. Easy on the go and I get lots of fruit in for the day)


Other pregnancy symptoms I am definitely having - Heartburn. Already the heartburn has hit.
I eat a banana - I get heartburn. 
I eat cereal - I get heartburn.

You get the drift...heartburn, heartburn, heartburn. It seems to be getting worse too. Of course it probably doesn't help that my attitude about it has been - if a banana gives me heartburn, I might as well eat what I want! Ha! Truly, I should probably cut out all of the pepperoni pizza or chips and salsa...but the nuggets want what they want! :)

 Our doctor did tell us at our appointment last week if it started becoming a daily thing to take Prilosec. So I think we are going to have to get some of that pretty soon. Tums are great, but are not going to cut it as bad as it has been lately.

Tadd would also like me to include mood swings. Yes, perhaps I have been a bit hormonal and moody lately. Things or people that might have slightly bugged me now make me violent! Haha...well not really, but I have told Tadd quite a bit lately that I want to punch people. Of course I haven't done it yet, but it is becoming my favorite threat!

But truly, I am quite easily annoyed these days. Especially at Tadd. Poor guy. My sense of humor has almost ceased to exist it seems. Things or jokes that I would laugh at before now get looks of, "Really?!" and usually some sort of snippy remark out of my mouth. Seriously. Poor poor Tadd. All he is doing is being the hubby I have always loved...and now it just drives me crazy at times - Ahhhhh, pregnancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment