May 4, 2012

TWINS!? - the Reactions

TWINS!! Yep folks, we are really having TWINS! There are TWO babies! And yep, it is still the waves of emotions. I am getting so excited though. I just have those occasional freak out moments every, oh, 30 minutes! Haha, okay - maybe not quite that often. But it is still several times a day that I have that shock hit me like a freight train. I asked Tadd today if that feeling of shock and panic is ever going to stop coming out of nowhere. His reply?
"Maybe after birthing them".
Thanks babe. So comforting!

Telling people we are having twins has been a lot of fun! The responses have been hilarious.

When we told my older sister - screaming and yelling and (I'm assuming since I wasn't there to see it) jumping up and down - SO excited!!

When we told Mom Ormond - laughter! (Apparently it runs in the family!) After she stopped laughing she said, "I am SO happy for you guys," quickly interrupted by "I am so happy for ME - I'm going to be the grandma of TWINS!!"

Mom Dutton's reaction was shock. She asked me probably 10 different times, in 10 different ways if I was being serious. 
"Seriously" - "Seriously Mom"
"You're not joking?" - "Can't really joke about it yet mom"
"Like honest and truly?" - "Honest and truly mom, we are having TWINS!"
"You are really being serious?"

And it continued like that for a good 2 minutes. Then a wave of overwhelmed hit I think, because she just kept repeating "Oh my goodness" over and over.

Dad Dutton was thrilled. He had a giddy laugh and just kept telling us how great he thought this was going to be. That he knew it was overwhelming, but he thought it was just fantastic news!
(And shortly after was on the phone with all of his family to tell them the news. Not too much later that night, he began searching for furniture to make for the nuggets, and was telling the Facebook world the happy news!) 
*Sorry to rat ya out Dad, we just love that you're so excited!!*

Dad Ormond was thrilled as well. Tadd gave him a little bit of a heart attack when he called us. Mom O had simply told him to call Tadd as he walked in from work. Tadd assumed he had been told the news, so when his dad asked how things were, Tadd's answer was, "Well, it's been an emotional roller coaster of a day!" I am sure TWINS was not the response he was thinking of after hearing that. But he was also ecstatic! He told us how happy he was for us and what a blessing this was.

It was fun to tell the grandparents they were going to have twin grandbabies. Their excitement helped me get a little more excited too rather than just simply panicked! But they weren't the only people who were fun to tell. People's reactions, whether family, friends, coworkers, or teachers have been quite amusing to us. 

Here's a list of our favorite responses, in order of how frequently we got them.

#1. Shut up!
 #2. Seriously?!
#3. You're kidding.
(And possibly the best response of all)
#4. No sh*t?

We've come to the conclusion we just must not be very trustworthy people! :) It took a lot of convincing for some people to believe us. It probably does not help that we had joked about it so much before the doctor's appointment.

Truly, everyone has been so supportive and excited about our news. More than anything we are so very grateful to have such love and support all around us. It is a bit overwhelming how much people have offered to help in every possible way - babysitting, food, baby furniture, baby clothes, advice. We appreciate it all! And don't any of you worry, we will be taking you up on every last offer! I'm not sure we will survive if we don't! :)


2 comments:

  1. hahah I love your moms reaction! So, are you sure it's twins? ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we shall call them Whodus 1 and Whodus 2? Congrats I am so excited for you and can't wait to find out if "we" Yes we get boys or girls! Auntie Claire can't wait. Love to both of you

    ReplyDelete