May 16, 2012

Maternity Clothes Adventure

Somehow, we have made it to 13 weeks already! That blows my mind. Our little nuggets are growing like crazy. With all of their organs in place already - that blows my mind - they are about 3 inches long, and the big news this week is they are developing fingerprints. CRAZY! It really does still blow my mind that their are two little persons growing inside of me. 

Not that I don't notice them growing! My clothes are very "not-so-slowly" starting to shrink. The reality is that my pregnant-with-twins belly is just very quickly growing growing growing!  It's even hard to slouch these days - that dang belly gets in the way!
 
So, the adventure of shopping for maternity clothes has begun...and it has been an adventure indeed! I actually have a lot of clothes that still fit. Thank goodness for maxi skirts and jersey knit dresses that stretch right over this pregnant belly! I even have a lot of shirts that still work - thank goodness for my previous love of longer shirts, they cover that belly up quite nicely. But some days a girl just wants to wear a good pair of jeans. One that doesn't squish the nuggets.  

Cause these two are vengeful! That's what I keep telling Tadd. I feel like they are saying to me, 

"Mom, you are squishing us with your pants that are too small, so take this -" 

And POW, my internal organs are being pushed on. Talk about painful. Or they squeeze on my bladder. That's their new favorite. Bathroom breaks are more frequent than ever. I do believe I should just put a TV in our bathroom at home, because I feel like I spend more time there than anywhere else - and we still have a LONG ways to go! And yes, I know it is only going to get worse.

I guess I have always just assumed that being in Utah I would have ample opportunities and choices when it came time for maternity clothes...WRONG! Hardly anywhere in Logan actually carries maternity clothes in their stores anymore. Most stores offer them online, but nobody has them here to try on and look at. Except for Motherhood Maternity - which is a great store. I have loved their customer service when I do go in there. However, paying $50 for one pair of jeans is a little much for this deal seeker...but my britches are definitely no longer squeezing my belly into them, even if I don't button or zip them! Quite the dilemma.

Luckily, we went to Burley, Idaho this past weekend for some family birthday fun with the Ormond's. I happened to see a baby store on our way through town that said, "Maternity Apparel". I told Tadd I wanted to go check it out. So while the boys were gone golfing, Mom O and I went to check it out on Saturday. I found some denim capris that were SO super comfy, and only $28! We got to the register, and an even BETTER surprise - Half off!! Wahoo. Now that's more like it. $14 for some comfy pants that won't squeeze our nuggets and cause the vengeful crushing of my insides.

So, here's a new picture of the growing belly. 

In my new maternity capris of course...because I just can't resist slipping them on in the morning. 


12 Weeks

And, my awesome hubby is taking me to Park City this weekend (A mother's day gift and getaway) so there will be plenty of maternity shopping at the outlets. And, we will be in Salt Lake on Saturday and can hit H&M or Forever 21 - I hear they have amazing maternity clothes for cheap - my kind of shopping! :)  So I'm hoping to add a few more non-nugget-crushing options to my wardrobe.

I'll keep you posted on the continuing adventure...and next time we will chat about buying baby stuff! 'Cause that's what is on my mind always. And we have started tackling those to-do lists I'm so fond of making :)

No comments:

Post a Comment